Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Day in the Life of a College Student- Week 2

What a week this has been! I’ll have to start with the weekend, since I believe having fun along with working hard is the only way to retain sanity in college. Saturday we watched the Clemson versus Wakeforest basketball game on ESPN, because unfortunately our 8 hour waiting in line experience yielded no student tickets. Sunday afternoon started with an amazing journey to the mountains for a treacherous hike at Twin Falls. Eleven of us spent hours climbing waterfalls and exploring frozen streams until dusk. Classes were cancelled Monday due to Martin Luther King Junior day. Tuesday was my longest day yet. Organic class seemed like it was never going to end. Racquetball was such a workout but worth the extra effort. Packaging 204 was cancelled so students could watch the Presidential Inauguration. Packaging 422/220 was my longest of all classes. The class lasted four hours plus a couple more hours to start the assigned work. Homework can only be completed in the computer lab, since we use very expensive software and Mac supercomputers. The dilemma this causes is that the computer lab is only open from 8am to 4:30 pm and the homework takes multiple hours to complete. I guess I know where I’ll be spending a lot of my ‘free time’ this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment